Monday, December 24, 2007

¡Feliz Navidad!

Happy Christmas Everybody!

We got all dressed up and took a special Christmas photo for your Christmas Eve enjoyment. I realize it's not as good as a visit from Santa, but it's the best we could do :)

Right now, we're in Arequipa, Peru (our last stop before heading to Machu Pichu). This very special Christmas photo was taken today in the Plaza de Armas. Arequipa is a high desert city that sits at about 2300 meters above sea level. It's very hot in the day and, at this very moment, we're discovering how cold it can be when the sun goes down.

We've decided to celebrate Christmas with and two day trek into Colca Canyon...the second deepest canyon in the world (no big deal). We leave tonight at 12:30 for ANOTHER overnight bus to Chivay.

P.S. I realize we've been a bit lax on the blog posts, but I'm working on a bunch of drafts (Galapagos, Nazca Lines, etc.) so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y Prospero Ano Nuevo

Sounds like a lot of adventure down your way. I'm amazed at how you are able to find these guided tours into the back country.

I am happy here in civilization even if it is the fast-paced life of sunny CA. I came on Christmas Day, as usual, and will be returning home tomorrow.

Mary and I watched the USC vs. U of I (University of IL where my money has gone) Rose Bowl game this afternoon. It was so sad for U of I; 49 to 10. They lost their footing from the get - go and never regained it.

Love the photos. Be safe and continue to have a good time.

Love, Christine